Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Reflection on the Nature of "Downtime"

    Downtime requires just as much commitment getting something accomplished.
On the other hand, it is also just as necessary as using one's time to accomplish the myriad tasks which must be completed in a timely fashion. So- "downtime" is therefore created, not found.

Today, I created downtime. I browsed for college scholarships. I worked on a now 75+ page document that I'm writing with a friend. I plotted to begin another story line with another friend, and did some basic character description and world building for that.

1 comment:

  1. For me, downtime can and will happen at the expense of other things. Sometimes the choice is doing some things while missing others versus burning out and getting nothing done for a week. For me, anyway.

    ReplyDelete