Friday, December 21, 2012

IT IS DONE!

Ahh, sweet success!

As you all know, Christmas is right around the corner. This is a shot of the last item on my "to complete for Christmas List"- a bracelet for my grandmother.
I am so proud of this thing!
I made the chain myself out of jump rings (little silver hoops, for the non-jewelry making crowd) using a chain-mailing technique known as Byzantine/Bird Cage. I made four same length pieces, connected them with the red gem spacers, and added a clasp. About 4 or 5 hours of work, all told. Though it actually took me rather longer, since my hands kept cramping up on the pliers... The things I do for family ;)

I really did enjoy doing it. I'll most likely be doing similar things in the future. Just what I needed- one more crafting hobby to buy supplies for. xD

No comments:

Post a Comment